Re: New nano board displays only "ubitx v4.3" #bitx20help #bitx20 #arduino #antennas #audiocircuit

Owen Vinall

Hi Gary,
I flashed a spare Nano or tried to using the IDE Software with verbose ticked for the Upload option. It kept failing with a  can't sync 500 error. I found I had to select the OLD BOOTLOADER option under Tools. After that I was able to flash the Nano with one of the Ubitx Software version Sketches.
Or did your flashing process terminate correctly.
Arduino's can be a bit difficult so don't give up.

On Fri, 13 Nov 2020, 8:03 am Gary Rindfuss, <rindfussg@...> wrote:
Greetings i am pretty new here and I want to thank everyone in advance for their help.
I am trying to sort out an issue with a digiboad that I had installed that worked for a while then quit. It had been suggested that I replace the nano board. I ordered some on Amazon. They are the kind where you solder the header pins in so they gave the right way.  The chip is marked 328p
I load the v 4.3 sketch on it and when you turn it on you get only "ubitx v4.3 in the display nothing else.  (Photo)
I have tried a couple of the nanos and get the same result.  I still have the original nano the radio works fine with it it just won't talk to the digi board.
I am sure there is probably something I don't  understand about loading a sketch on a new nano board? But the sketch does load without error.
Any help much appreciated
Gary
KC3KSC