Re: AGC circuit to try?

AndyH

Unfortunately, the files actually aren't on the listed group.  They are, however, in the files section of the JackAl group.  One has to be a member of the group to access the files, but membership isn't moderated and access is instant.

https://groups.io/g/JackAl/files/JackAl%20Documentation%20and%20Code%20Files

It's an interesting AGC design - it takes audio from the top of the volume control pot and varies RF prior to the crystal filter.  Has anyone successfully implemented this board and AGC scheme on a µBITX?  I can't find any reports of success or of how the AGC performs on the group dedicated to the board, and can't find any indication that it's ever been installed on a V5 or V6 radio.

73, Andy

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 10:19 PM, Jack, W8TEE wrote:
George:

Al and I posted the JackAl schematics and code on my site: SoftwareControlledHamRadio:

Jack, W8TEE

On Friday, October 30, 2020, 6:30:11 PM EDT, Curt via groups.io <wb8yyy@...> wrote:

George

if you are enthusiastic about an IF AGC in the ubitx-- use a search engine (or look here in files) to find the Jackal schematic - it has an IF AGC circuit that could be employed, that seems to be derived from the hybrid cascode (W7ZOI) with less stages as I recall.

I find with an audio filter and audio AGC the ubitx is a decent rig to do some casual HF.  But do explore circuits to your fancy.  Speaking of the hycas, I built one a few years ago - got distracted by our club build of v4 ubitx (that needed some effort to tame) - so I need to think through what band(s) I will deploy the hycas in a receiver.

73 curt

--
Jack, W8TEE