Re: Simple UBITX Test Set

Bob Lunsford

Thanks, Raj. I'm still wondering if you press the word "plot" on the screen or if there's a button on the case that is not visible. If you press "plot" on the screen, it must be sensitive to the finger's capacitance and goes to the plotting the signal. Regardless, I'm wondering if you "measure [frequency] indirectly in power mode," is it very accurate? Considering the many decimal places shown on the screen, I'm guessing it's pretty accurate. I see it's measuring in the HF range but does it also work at 2M for measuring, for example, the SWR of an antenna?

It's a box full of capabilities and must be of value when added to the tools in one's station. I'm very interested. I no longer buy a car on the basis of a sales brochure and also want to know as much as possible when buying test equipment.

Thanks again for your very helpful feedback.

Bob — KK5R

On Monday, October 26, 2020, 1:12:05 AM EDT, Raj vu2zap <rajendrakumargg@...> wrote:

Bob,

It has SMA connectors two of them. One output and one input.

When you press plot, it plots on its own screen. No PC required. No touch screen.

No freq. counter but you can measure indirectly in power mode.

It comes fully complete in a metal box..

Raj

At 26/10/2020, you wrote:
This looks very interesting. One specification was not shown, however. In the Antuino write-up, you show it reading the SWR but also shown is the frequency readout. It then acts as a frequency counter, right? How accurate is it in that mode?

I'm considering getting one. Is it a kit or built and in a box? What kind of connectors does it have? Also, you mention in the write-up "by clicking on the Plot button" so does this mean that the unit works with a computer or is it possibly a touch-screen so you can tap the screen like with the V6...?

Hope you do not mind my questions.

Bob — KK5R

On Sunday, October 25, 2020, 11:30:46 PM EDT, Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:

Jerry,
We do sell a test set, it is called Antunio!
Except for the dummy load, the Antuino is really all you need to align any HF radio set. It can be used to test any radio well into UHF range as well as individual filters, including duplexers, amplifiers, mixers, etc. It can also measure input or output impedance match, antenna vswr and even act as a vtvm.
End of the plug.
- f

On Mon 26 Oct, 2020, 4:02 AM Jerry Gaffke via groups.io, <jgaffke=yahoo.com@groups.io > wrote:
Page 6 has the test set Allen mentioned:  https://www.qrparci.org/qqsample/qqsample.pdf

A 7.050mhz crystal oscillator with an attenuator suitable for checking out a 40m receiver.
And a 50 ohm dummy load for the transmitter.

That would definitely be better than nothing at all for debugging a uBitx,
but hardly sufficient.

Could tell if the receiver works on 40m.
And could drive the uBitx power amp to check it out on 40m as well
if you do away with the cute trick of using one connector for
both signal generator and dummy load.

Jerry, KE7ER

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 02:25 PM, Allen Hill wrote:
Check out the TX/RX test circuit in January 2015 issue of QRP Quarterly on page 6 (shared by K1MBO).
Very simple and low cost.
This particular issue is the free download from their website.

QRPARCI.ORG

73
KI4QCK