Re: Rotary encoder

Vince Vielhaber

I use one of those optical encoders for a different vfo, but I did test it with a bitx40 raduino first. It works but be forewarned. There are MANY more pulses per revolution than the one that comes with the uBitx. Your code will need to ignore a lot of the pulses that it puts out. Now on the other hand, a nice weighted knob and you can give that thing a spin and it'll go for a good long time!!!

I'm currently building a DDS-VFO for a Drake TR7 that will be using a 400 pulse optical encoder.

Vince - K8ZW.

On 10/21/2020 09:33 AM, Gerard wrote:
Evan,
Installing an optical rotary encoder doesn’t seem that simple.
This still requires hardware changes with the addition of a splitter
and/or soft changes. PB of numbers of PPM
For the moment, I will only ask this question: */"Is there an optical
rotary encoder possible replacement without any further modification?"/*

See here for exemple of post
https://groups.io/g/BITX20/topic/10293081#41319
https://groups.io/g/BITX20/topic/27394046#60812
https://groups.io/g/BITX20/topic/6188975#33650