Re: Help Request Please with Nextion 2.8 Display

Mick

Hello Ted

Yes no smoke luckily and as described in my reply to Evan, my approach could have been better.
The build went fine and I had fully completed the kit and was using it on receive with the original display.
I had ordered the Nextion display when I ordered the kit from India, so I was keen to install it once I knew that I had a successful build.
No not on the air with it yet Ted.
I need to make a new front panel for the existing case and install the Kit-Projects AGC kit, which has now also arrived.

All the best Ted

73

Mick M0GWD

On 21/10/2020 01:27, Ted via groups.io wrote:
"Connecting the 4 wires to this right-angled header, for pins 1, 2 and 5 I counted from one end, and for pin 11, I counted back 4 from the other end, That would have been fine if my angled header strip had 14 pins, but mine has 15 pins."

Hi, Mick.

That's a good catch and easily missed.  I'm glad that you didn't inadvertently let the magic smoke out of the Raduino or the screen as some of us are good at doing.

How is the rest of the build going for you? Have you had it on the air as yet?

Ted
K3RTA