Re: Rotary encoder

Gerard

Evan,
Nice to hear from you.
yeah, I tried the capas on the encoder. But as said before, the switching signal of the encoder (square signals) go  on the side of the amplifier. These are just a few millivolts, but enough to create this click in the speaker.

That’s why the optical encoder is probably the solution(?)
Do you have that noise on your µbitx?
What I can say is that mine isn’t in the case yet. It’s all on the table for testing.
It’s a little awkward, so what I want to know is if a solution has been found.
see here a video of this noise.
NB: I have not yet calibrated the smeter, but the modification with the LM358 is done
cdt