Re: Suggestion for the NEW UBITX V7.

Tom, wb6b

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 02:26 AM, Ashhar Farhan wrote:
As I said, the hidden cost really is the power supply. A 200 watts power supply is expensive.
Here is a 24v supply similar to the 12V supply I use with my vintage Kenwood. The only issue I have with the 12V version is I need to turn it and the radio on 15 minutes before the net. As it has a noise spur that drifts right onto the net frequency and lingers there for a minute or so. After that it is off somewhere else and it doesn't bother my checking into the net.

The supply I have does have filter chokes on the AC input. Looks well constructed. Don't know how they can make these for these prices. Maybe putting the supply in a metal box with some bypass caps would eliminate the spur issue.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07QPCTB3D

The 24V supply (240W) linked is $22, I think the 12V one I use (300W) cost $19.

I would think 40 or 50 wats would be more then enough output power to produce a solid signal at a reasonable cost.

Tom, wb6b