Re: Suggestion for the NEW UBITX V7.

Bob Lunsford

My concern is that moving the assembly of the V6, etc., to obtain parts here in the USA would also require that the toroids be wound here in America.

I appreciate much that the Indian women at HF Signals are winding the toiroids and are doing the assembly. I have wound single layer and trifilar toroids and while it is something I can do, it is tedious as I have had extensive eye surgery (three on left eye and five on right eye) due to double retinal detachment and cataracts.

The women there are expert and professional and I am more than willing to pay for them to do it: It's one of many reasons to buy the HF Signal transceivers rather than build it here and then (possibly) go through a trouble-shooting phase.

The alignment is another issue since it's ready to work out of the box and while others may see alignment as a simple task and while I could perfect the process with some time and experimentation, I'd rather just use the radio right off than go through a possible delaying process. Incidentally, I have built most of what Heathkit had in the transceiver and accessories line and such activity would be more a challenge at this point in my life than gaining a sense of accomplishment.

Therefore, even if HF Signals offers a "streamlined kit" with specific parts like PC board and unique parts, I sincerely hope that kits such as the Basic Kit and Complete Kit continue to be available.

I just sent my V6 to my mountain-topping son in California (N5DIM) and almost immediately ordered another Complete Kit for my personal use. Ease of use is a factor but the receiver in the V6 is hard to beat for being so sensitive and quiet. Congratulations in sharing such a unique radio with such simplicity of operation. For what it is, the V6 is unbeatable...!

Kudos must also go to the women at HF Signals who are, in my opinion, top-of-the line builders/assemblers. It's almost as if the toroids were machine-made. They must have achieved their own level of quality control due to the boards are top level quality both in layout and build.

Bob — KK5R

On Saturday, October 17, 2020, 1:28:21 AM EDT, Ashhar Farhan <farhanbox@...> wrote:

HF Signals is reluctantly in this business.  It doesnt make sense to move parts from Mouser, Ohio to Hyderabad, have them assembled and then shipped back to Tennessee. Why wait for them to make this move? The suggestions can all be incorporated into a single plug in-board (the audio connector and Raduino are in the same line to allow a single board to plugin).
Between Hobby PCB and mouser all the parts can be easily procured. The hf signals boards cost twice what you will pay in components and pcb. It is just all the transport, soldering, testing and administration costs.

Unlike qcx or xeigu, bitx radios are open with hardware and software. My idea was to encourage a number of kitchen table businesses to turn out easy to understand and build radios. I hope others take up the slack.
- f

On Sat 17 Oct, 2020, 9:06 AM ohwenzelph via groups.io, <Ohwenzelph=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 04:26 AM, Gerard wrote:
As an owner of a V6 I would love to know what the detailed specifics are regarding the following:
Add CAG
Add core, capacitors, for noise of the connection of the Nextion
Modifications on some transistors of the emission chain
Changes to winding on the emission chain
thanks, sincerely
jerry aa1of