Re: Heatsink issue #ubitx #homebrew

edoardo marchetti

Thank you for your reply, I finally chose two smaller cpu cooler instead of the first. I'm happy to know that the original ones were enough but, until I saw how hot was the 7805 connected to the raduino board, I have started to doubt about the ubitx cooling in general. In fact I added a small heatsink for it too.
73
IU6DBK

On Thu, 15 Oct 2020, 19:12 Don - KM4UDX, <dontAy155@...> wrote:
Hello edoardo!

You are giving us all heat sink envy!  Hahah.  But, as others have observed, the kit heat sink's are fine except in some unusual operations:
- more than 13v to the finals
- full power FT8 or WS
- zero free air movement.

In 95% of cases, just drill some holes for air movement, and/or install a small & slow fan.

I do 20v on the finals and WSPR 24/7 when I don't do psk/Hellschreiber.  And I use a fan on a thermal switch.