Re: Portable Ops #ubitxv6 #portable

Frank Dinger , EI7KS

Aaron , Instead of using AA batteries ( I presume you mean NiMH type) I would consider a few 18650 type Li-Ion cells which can be fitted into clamp holders (max 4 in 1 holder) You obviously would need a voltage equalising board , but all those items are low cost and available from the usual asian on-line suppliers.
The actual battery 18650 cells can also be retrieved from old laptop battery packs . Pretty surprising ,these retrieved cells often have a lot of "juice" left and when fitted into clamp holders can be easily replaced .
Such a home made battery pack is very compact/ low weight  and has a high Ah capacitiy when compared with NiMH units.

Frank   ,     EI7KS