Re: First HF radio..incensed a week ago...I think I blew up my uBitXv4.

Rubens Kamimura

Hi,

Yes, but I didn't install an aluminum heatsink, installed a fan and changed the MOSFET transistors to the MITSUBISHI RD16FFH1.

Em sex., 2 de out. de 2020 às 11:21, Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> escreveu:

On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 06:41 AM, Rubens Kamimura wrote:
I think about putting the PA 10W (qrp-labs - Hans Summers) in place of the power stage of uBITX v4 (QRP 10W), I thought about this modification to suit jobs in digital modes. Taking advantage of that I'm putting the uBITX card in a new box.
I thought about this modification because the PA 10W of qrp-labs has a bigger heatsink already incorporated.
I await suggestions and comments.
Hello Rubens,

Have you thought about just adding a large heatsink to the two output MOSFETs that are already in the uBITX?  Many have done that or mounted to an aluminum box,  or just added a fan to cool the devices.  The one thing to be sure to do is to insulate the MOSFETS from the heatsink with thermal insulators for TO-220 case transistors.

73
Evan
AC9TU