Re: First HF radio..incensed a week ago...I think I blew up my uBitXv4.

Allen Hundley

Kind of. I replaced the encoder first, tried and it didn't work. Then I put the the new arduino on...worked but the new encoder must be slightly different or less encourage because it was skipping steps.

Soldered old encoder on and everything's good.

On Sep 28, 2020, at 1:19 AM, Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:
Allen,
Glad that you found the issue.  By chance did you do any troubleshooting other than replacing the Arduino Nano and Encoder one at a time?  The reason for the question is to understand how to isolate the issue without going to a "replace one part at a time process" (what some call the Military Methode)?

73
Evan
AC9TU