Winding quality of tricoils

Gerard

Hello,

When I look at different pictures of µBitx, I have the impression that these are not always wound in the same way. Some tricoils appear to be less drawn between the wires.
So I have several questions:
1) Does the quality of the windings affect the reception/emission?
--->Looking at the pictures, the result will be the same for you? (Tricoil1,2,3,4 are picture from µbitx, IMG is picture of my homemade tricoils)

2) At the level of the tricoils, on some parts of the assembly only 2 windings out of three are used. I kept the braided wire I made, so a wrap is present and not used.
--->So should we privilege a tricoil with two windings or we can keep the third that is not used?

cdt