Re: First HF radio..incensed a week ago...I think I blew up my uBitXv4.

Allen Hundley

Well I definitely did have the wrong purple wire soldered to the mic jack. I just switched that out so the digital harness doesn't use the purple wire. I have the green wire as you said and the blue going to PTT, tip of the key jack, and the sleeve of the mic jack. I fixed that and the rotary encoder still didn't work.

I removed the whole arduino assembly and removed the harness. I modified the firmware code to output the numbers on the pins for the rotary encoder.

Got 1021 for A and 1024 for B over and over. Then I hooked up the harness. when I would spin it nothing would happen. Randomly with the harness attached pin B would say that it was 14. Not sure what to make of that.

On 9/25/20 6:33 PM, Evan Hand wrote:
Alan,
From the pictures, you are direct wiring the kit.  With that information, I would suggest checking the Purple, Green, and Blue wire wiring from the Digital connector (the one on the Raduino/Display/Nano board).
- Purple should not be connected to anything.
- The Blue wire goes to the tip connection of the 3.5mm Jack
- The Green wire is soldered to the 4.7 k resistor and the other end of the resistor to the same tip connection as the Blue wire.

I cannot see if the connections are correct.  I lose the Purple wire in the area around the jacks.  I would look there for an intermittent short.  Those are the wires that get disconnected from the Raduino when you pull the header off.

I am really thinking it is a wiring issue.
73
Evan
AC9TU