Re: #ubitx #ubitx-help Wow! the ubitx.net/ site is amazing! #ubitx #ubitx-help

Evan Hand

After thinking about the groups that I monitor in the prior email I believe that I should mention another that fits into the "starter" rig area:
https://groups.google.com/g/hermes-lite

This is not in Groups.io

The reason for adding it to the list is that in my opinion, it is the current leader for me in the SDR transceiver arena for a new ham.
Pros:
- It has all of the SDR functionality
- It can be bought as a complete kit
- With a PC provides all of the digital modes with free software addition
Cons:
- 5 watts out
- requires a PC

When you add in everything needed it is a close competition between the uBITX and the HL2 for price and features.

I have gotten really spoiled with the waterfall display on both the HL2 and my IC-7300.  That probably is the main reason for me siding with the HL2.

The above are just opinions, not really supported with detailed analysis.
Use as you see fit.
73
Evan
AC9TU