Re: Please explain to me how works the VFO's

Gary Anderson

Hi Gerard,
You don't want the inductors in parallel, especially at close distances.
If trying the axials, still don't mount them in parallel.

With your layout, use the Z-Axis to be orthogonal.

| -----|
L     |
L     |
L     |
 |     |----
 | PCB  |

--LLLL--
| PCB  |

Beyond my expertise, but I would venture that you would be better off with rewinding one toroid  with longer leads and mounting it 90 degrees off in either the Y or Z plane.
You can experiment, and others with more experience can give advice.  Electrically, no reason why both are on the same side of the PCB.  (e.g. 1 toroid flat on the bottom of the PCB)

Regards,
Gary