Re: Cw not working with straight key

Adam Allen

I had a somewhat loose connection on my att  as iffy key plug recently. It would key up my commercial rig fine but wouldn’t work on my v6 Ubitx.  I had used a cheap stereo plug  and the internal connection was poor, I guess just enough to cause my Ubitx to not key up.  Maybe try keying down the straight key while gently moving the stereo plug back and forth.

Also, if found if my key contacts are dirty or dusty I can have keying issues with Ubitx.

Hope you get this figured out.  I’m loving my v6 Ubitx for CW.