Re: Replacing SMD component

R. Tyson

Oh well !  I was going to wait until tomorrow but impatience (and curiosity) got the better of me.

I have some LED lights above the workbench (Wow ! That's a fancy name for it) so I decided to have a go at removing Q90.

Plenty of flux and the tiny toasting fork did its job and the speck of dust that is Q90 was safely off the board. More flux on the pads and de-soldering braid and a hot iron cleaned up the pads. So far so good.

Tomorrow I will try and install the new speck of dust... er, I mean Q90 transistor. I have 10 of them so I can afford to sneeze 9 times.....  photo of what awaits Q90 below not very good but it was LED lighting.