Re: Replacing SMD component

Dallas

At 65 years old I concur everyone should have a macro scope.  I also like an adjustable zoom and a long arm mounting stand. I started using one 40 years ago at work.  I had excellent vision back then but got addicted to the extended vision the scope gave me. After leaving that job I bought myself one for personal use.  I bought another better one on eBay 10-15 years ago when the imported stuff started showing up at low prices. I also recommend the LED ring light attachment that fits around the lens.  One other thing to watch for is an auxiliary screw-on lens that will move the focal plane 8-10 inches further away from the objective lens, this gives your hands room to work on what you are looking at.  You will use it for much more than SMD’s.

Dallas
N5fee