Re: CW Keyboard and decoder #cw

Slurm <42irongazelle@...>

Just a thought ,,,There are chips that change the very fast PC keyboard scan codes to ASCII letters that are sent out of the chip as RS-232 serial.  So you could use a full size PC keyboard.  There are/were also keyboards for industry that output ASCII in RS-232 but they were very expensive at the time.

I used these chips 30 years ago for a robot project that needed real time control. It worked fine and the chip easily kept up with rapid keystrokes for 40 different one letter commands.   Wish I could recall the name of the chip we ended up with,,  but Google will know. I'm guessing you could do the scan code conversion through any chip like a basic stamp2, a very inexpensive PIC, or an Arduino, etc.

Slurm