Re: Serial cable to usb dongle to usb cable

Rick Green

On Tue, 1 Sep 2020, Christopher Miller wrote:

Does anyone know the maximum reach of a serial cable and usb cables?
I have a pc across my bedroom and between my serial dongle and radio I would like to start getting digital modes going. Sorry for the basic questions.
In general, the max spec for a USB cable is 16 feet. I don't remember the RS232 spec length, but it would certainly depend on the driver chip. full +-12v will certainly go farther than +5-0 TTL shortcuts.

--
Rick Green N8BJX

We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's
Citizens United ruling, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish
that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons
entitled to constitutional rights.

http://www.MoveToAmend.org