Re: Proposed Band plan and uBitx

Ken Hansen

We're now a week into discussing a regulatory issue in one country on an international forum about a particular line of radios.

The BITX20 group has just under 8,000 members, I dare say a good portion of them are outside the influence of the FCC and the ARRL.

I understand the connection between increasing privileges and an affordable radio option like the uBitx, but I have to believe there's a more US-centric place for this discussion to continue.

Ultimately this is a technical forum, and the expansion of Technician privileges in the US is not a technical discussion.

I'm not a moderator, I'm not telling anyone what to do, I'm just pointing out the international nature of the group for consideration.

Ken, N2VIP

On Aug 2, 2020, at 8:34 PM, Jeffrey Benedict <raoul@...> wrote:

ARRL has proposed an upgrade in privileges for Tech hams Techs will get a chunk of 80SSB, chunk of 40SSB and a chunk of 15SSB. There are other changes in the data portions of the bands but, instead of describing everything, I will attach a link to the ARRL site and you can read it for yourself.