Re: Sensitivity, Spare-Parts and Quality Questions #ubitx #v6.1 #ubitx

Ulrich,

the PTH holes are not soldered but plated. Of the many boards tested I never had a bad connection. Only some
bad solders on components.

Raj

It was suspichious that touching the volume knob makes the speaker "humm"... So I re-soldered some through holes around the audio circuit. I have never had such a bad solder in my life... It doesn't flow good with any of my rework solders or flux pastes. And it hadn't flown correctly when produced originally as many solder points have not soldered through the hole in the PCB. It just looked good, but never connected inside the hole. A combination of flux and lead-free solder was just sucked into the hole at many places.