Re: Adding a Nextion Display to the F40 (uBitx adjacent) #arduino #nextion

Jack, W8TEE

No, I don't. I understand the ease of use of the Nextion, but don't like the result. To me, a Nextion display looks "clunky", and I can't really put my finger on why. I was willing to pay the coding price.

Jack, W8TEE

On Thursday, August 6, 2020, 12:56:00 PM EDT, Dean Souleles <dsouleles@...> wrote:

Thanks Jack -

Do you know of an interactive drag and drop style IDE and library that will generate the Arduino code for a TFT?   One of the reasons I like the Nextion is that I don't have to work at the level of graphics primitives.  If I want a button I use the IDE and drop it where I want on the screen - no graphics code.  Three lines of Arduino Nextion library code - define a button, register a call-back,  listen for events.  For my TFT displays I have to hard code every component x,y,w,h, etc and use graphics primitives to draw everything on the screen.  And for a touch TFT - all I get back is an x,y.  The rest is up to little old moi.

Dean

--
Jack, W8TEE