Adding a Nextion Display to the F40 (uBitx adjacent) #arduino #nextion

Dean Souleles

Hi folks -

N6QW, Pete Juliano has a way of inspiring (tricking) you to work on homebrew radio projects.  He asked me a simple question about programming a Nextion display and two days later I emerged from my cave with a fully functioning SSB radio control sketch for my N6QW inspired Furlough 40 SSB Phone QRP transceiver.  This should be easy to integrate with a variety of homebrew rigs - and since it is an Arduino, SI5351 and Nextion it could conceivably turn in to a uBitx alternative - but not any time soon - a lot of functions to add and too many other good alternatives.  Unlike KD8CEC and others I chose to use the Nextion library which streamlined the programming consiiderbly.  The sketch and libraries will be uploaded to github in the next couple of weeks  and the whole process will be documented at KK4DAS.blogspot.com

But for now please see the video demonstration and the new blog post  - "A touching display for f40 and iss aprs" which also has a couple of photographs of comet Neowise as a bonus.

Love to hear what you think.

73,
Dean
KK4DAS