Re: uBITX V6 weird modulation

Owen Vinall

Thanks Evan,
I have followed that procedure and I believe it was successful.  But maybe I will do it again.
I tested using Morse as well so a mike issue did not confuse the testing.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Regards

Owen Vk5fkol

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020, 6:26 pm Evan Hand, <elhandjr@...> wrote:
Owen,
I would perform the BFO tuning step (the last one) in Ashhar Farhan's video on BFO tuning.  That is assuming that the CW frequency is correct.  If the frequency is off, then do all 3 steps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6LGXhS4_O8

For a v6 the BFO should be somewhere close to 11.056000 MHz (11.059 MHz crystals - 3,000 Hz highest audio frequency expected).  Most will be lower than that for the best audio and carrier suppression.

Note: The first BFO tuning step is to put the response at the lower edge of the audio passband to allow for the best zero beat response to the AM signal.  After the Frequency is set, the BFO then needs to be tuned for the best audio response and carrier suppression.

73
Evan
AC9TU