Re: Power supply

MVS Negi

Could you give a bit more detail on the batteries and a link if possible? I was looking for a lightweight reasonably priced battery and to use a solar panel to charge them on my trips to the hills.
Mahendra
VU2MNX

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 7:07 PM Dean Souleles <dsouleles@...> wrote:
Bob -

If you are interested in Lithium batteries the Talentcells are inexpensive and light-weight.  I used a Velcro strap to put on inside my uBitx case.  It weighs about 6 ounces and runs the uBitx all day long.   The 6 Amp hour version is now only $35 - with charger.  For me, at those prices its not worth spending any time to build anything.

Lead acid batteries are so 20th century. :)

Dean
KK4DAS