Re: has the supply chain for the uBITX been affected by the covid-19

Jack, W8TEE

I think I know the case:

Inline image

I brought everything out to the front, except for the power, antenna, and ground connections. The mic is made from PCV pipe and the cartridge shipped with the kit. I have the PTT micro switch snapped into a small hole in the tubing and a dab of hot glue to hold it in place. The green stuff is heat-shrink tubing which also helps hold the switch in place. The case works well and should be big enough for the new µBITX.

I also used this case for a V5 µBITX with the JackAl board. That's a good case, too, but more expensive:

Inline image

Jack, W8TEE

On Sunday, June 21, 2020, 10:15:24 AM EDT, McRuss via groups.io <wtrrtw@...> wrote:

A little off topic but on March 9, Banggood shipped the enclosure for my uBitx V-6.  On June 18th, I received it, two days after Banggood issued a credit because I was sure it was lost in shipment.  So now I'm working on fitting the radio into the box, a bit of a challenge but I know it has been done. Anyone here who has done it is welcome to share some tips on how they did it.  Oh, the enclosure is plastic with a 'handle' that transforms into a support.

Russ
K5FJR

--
Jack, W8TEE