Re: ANTUINO antenna analzer CERTAIN CLARIFICATIONS REG

For proper SWR readings your dipole must have a 1:1 Balun at the feed point.

The resonant length you have calculated is for plain metal (copper) wire.
Wire coated with plastic will not have the calculated length resonance.

My 40M dipole which intentionally uses plasic insulated wire is 28' on
either side. I could not accommodate 33ft..

Raj

At 17/06/2020, you wrote:

HI GOOD DAY TO ALL.

I recently purchased an ANTUNINO Antenna Analyser.

I used it to measure the SWR of my antenna system. I erected an inverted VEE antenna system  for  40 m and 20 m bands with a common single coaxial feeder. When  I measured the SWR , the ANTUINO shows the following values.

At    7.007MHZ     SWR is 1.9

At   14.554 MHZ  SWR is 1.8

Subsequently using the plot function of the ANTUNINO I  measured  the frequencies at which  SWRs are lowest  and the values are as below.

At  15.822MHZ  SWR      is  1.0

At   8.600 MHZ   SWR    is  1.10

At   11.900 MHZ   SWR   is 1.10.

As such  I cannot understand when the antenna system  has been installed with calculated resonant lengths of arms corresponding to  7 MHZ and 14 MHZ bands, the SWRs are low on some other irrelevant frequencies.  Is there any error /mistake in my observation.?

. I appreciate, any one, kindly through some light on the above and give some tips on adjusting the system to achieve minimum SWRs in 7 and 14 MHZ (preferably on 7075 MHZ and 14.175 MHZ.

Thanks a lot in advance

With 73

MUTHU 

VU2LMN

+919443114779

Join BITX20@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.