Re: #ubitx-help #ubitx-help

Gordon Gibby

More has to do with whether or not there is arcing in that particular powerline. If there is, you can be an eighth of a mile away and still have tremendous interference.  if there isn’t, you should be fine but you always want to be far enough away that if a wire breaks there’s no chance of contact.  And that is really serious!!

On Jun 14, 2020, at 17:26, Bob Lunsford via groups.io <nocrud222@...> wrote:

100-ft should not be a problem. My antenna is about 30-ft or so from power lines feeding houses on my street and it has very little effect on received QRN, etc. But no two installations act exactly the same. Experiment, experiment.

On Sunday, June 14, 2020, 12:41:21 PM EDT, Tyler Friesen <kf7fy92@...> wrote:

I do the antenna set up parallel to the power lines, but they are over 100 feet away, I don’t know if that would still cause a problem?