Re: New uBitx 6.1 - Have I already blown the finals?

Robert D. Bowers

When I adjusted in my Bitx20, I used a fuse rated low enough that when I did overdrive the finals (the adjustment was a bit tricky - I think backwards to what I expected or something like that), the fuse blew.  That saved the finals!

Bob

On 6/12/20 6:57 PM, Gordon Gibby wrote:
be sure to read the directions carefully---plenty of people have flat KILLED those finals by doing this move wrongly.

Gordon

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 12:25 PM Evan Hand <elhandjr@...> wrote:
I have been using 13.8 volts to finals, and a forward diode drop to the mainboard.  Either will work, it is getting the gate voltage to the correct value for the linear region of the IRF510.

73
Evan
AC9TU