Re: Got a fan mounted #v6

Interesting Bob, thanks!

At 12/06/2020, you wrote:
Per Wikipedia:

WD-40's main ingredients as supplied in aerosol cans, according to the US Material Safety Data Sheet information, [14] and with the CAS numbers interpreted: [15]
The UK (and EU) formulation is stated [16] according to the REACH regulations:
  • 60-80% hydrocarbons C9-C11 n-alkanes, iso-alkanes, cyclics <2% aromatics
  • 1-5% carbon dioxide

In 2009, Wired published an article with the results of gas chromatography and mass spectrometry tests on WD-40, showing that the principal components were C9 to C14 alkanes and mineral oil. [17]
Bob — KK5R

On Thursday, June 11, 2020, 5:18:58 AM EDT, Raj vu2zap <rajendrakumargg@...> wrote:

WD-40 is meant to loosen rusty nuts and such. I heard it contains fish oil.

I use silicone oil for lubricating such things. I used to get many FT757 with tuning shaft jammed.. I used to clean with isoprophyl alcohol
and remove the gunk and then put a drop of silicone oil.

Raj