Re: #ubitx-help #ubitx-help

Bob Lunsford

Also, it does not help if the antenna is parallel to the power lines, if such is the case. This can also introduce a lot of power line QRN. My G5RV is parallel to the power line but it about 40-ft away and above the power line. Thoughts about the antenna are never a waste of time.

On Thursday, June 11, 2020, 10:17:27 PM EDT, Dale Parfitt <parinc1@...> wrote:

One thing I can tell you is that with  an 80M antenna that low, you are losing  a fair amount of TX signal into warming the ground. You can still obtain NVIS with the center as high as 60’ or so on 80M- and have less power wasted into warming the earth worms.

GL,

Dale W4OP

From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of Tyler Friesen
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2020 10:08 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: [BITX20] #ubitx-help

So I just order my Ubitx V6 this spring as my first HF rig, I tried 20 meters with it, but to no avail, so I'm taking a break from it until I can get my 20m antenna up higher. However, recently I was able to get ahold of a 80m antenna which I set up as an NVIS inverted vee with the center about 8 feet off the ground. I've been able to hear a lot more people with the 80m antenna and some people report that they can hear a station trying to break in but cannot hear it above the noise. THe problem I've had with 80m is that I get this really loud humming/cracking sound that makes it hard to hear some operators sometimes and it is generally just very annoying. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the V6? Is this a known problem or is it my antenna setup. I can provide a video of the sound if anyone requests.
Thanks in advance,
KI7AJA