#ubitx-help #ubitx-help

Tyler Friesen

So I just order my Ubitx V6 this spring as my first HF rig, I tried 20 meters with it, but to no avail, so I'm taking a break from it until I can get my 20m antenna up higher. However, recently I was able to get ahold of a 80m antenna which I set up as an NVIS inverted vee with the center about 8 feet off the ground. I've been able to hear a lot more people with the 80m antenna and some people report that they can hear a station trying to break in but cannot hear it above the noise. THe problem I've had with 80m is that I get this really loud humming/cracking sound that makes it hard to hear some operators sometimes and it is generally just very annoying. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the V6? Is this a known problem or is it my antenna setup. I can provide a video of the sound if anyone requests.
Thanks in advance,
KI7AJA