New uBitx 6.1 - Have I already blown the finals?

beakgeek@...

Hi,

Got a new uBitx 6.1  I only have 10m antennas currently so I hooked it up and I could see a couple of watts on the meter.  I know these radios have low power on 10.  Next day I tried to do a test on a local 10m net and I could only make the needle switch, it wasn't going up.

I suspect the finals have blown.  Is there anything I should check?  I ordered a couple of IRF510s off Amazon, should be here Saturday.  Should I just go ahead and swap both transistors?

A couple of other things... I keep finding weird tones on some frequencies which aren't there on some of my other radios.  And the audio is far too quiet on low signals, what can I do about that?

Thanks