Re: Bitx case design issues #parts #v6 #ubitxv6

Ashhar Farhan

1. We have a set if short screws for the v6 display mounting. If you didn't get them write to sales@....
2. The display mount has been a bit of a challenge for us. As it is a touch display, it couldn't be recessed too much inside. The standard standoffs were too long to be inserted between the display and the front panel. Getting custom standoffs proved very expensive, more than the box itself. The best solution would be a custom bezel mold that will fit the display properly.
I would invite people to contribute to a better box or bezel design.
- f

On Wed 10 Jun, 2020, 2:16 AM Bob Lunsford via groups.io, <nocrud222=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I figured that is what you actually meant but that also means the display is displaced by the thickness of the nut which also allows space between the rear of the front panel and the surface of the display. In fact, if I go this way with my V6 build, I would use washers since they are thinner and I can stack a certain number between the rear of the front panel and the display mounting to "adjust" the display offset and make it secure without a more than necessary gap between the display and the front panel. It may be tricky to do it this way but it is a guarantee that the tightening is being applied to the display and not merely tightening the screw into the offset nut. On the other hand, any old nut would work for the purpose you suggest since they are for spacing and do not need to thread onto the screw.

Metric screw cutters on the Champ type crimpers are not all that rare. Almost 1/4 of those I find in flea markets are metric and no doubt they are being passed on because they are metric thus less needed and/or used.

Most sellers and buyers really don't care whether they are English or Metric since the majority don't buy them for the screw cutting feature.

On Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 4:20:47 PM EDT, Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@...> wrote:

Hi,

You didn't read what I wrote or else completely misunderstood it. The
nut is only in place while are working to shorten the screw. You
wouldn't put the whole danged radio kit in a bench vise! I have been
'adjusting' screws this way for decades. I have a tool like the one you
describe but it won't do metric screws. I wouldn't buy one just to trim
four screws. You spend your money the way you want.

For assembly of the radio that nut is not used with any of the four
screws as they screw into the standoff behind the panel. They will no
longer bottom out in the short standoff and will then pull the front
panel and the standoffs tightly together. The screw head will seat *in*
the front panel and the knob will clear.

73,

Bill  KU8H

bark less - wag more