Re: #v6 For sale, #v6

Bob Lunsford

I had my eye on on the G90 and 5105 sold by MFJ since I had the XM1 and the predecessor to the G90 before. (My son has it now, he's a ham in Sacramento and loves to take it to the mountains, first contact was Japan)... The cost of the full V6 kit still saves you a bunch of money and can still supply bragging rights for putting it together.

When operating QRP, the rig is half of it and the other half is the antenna. Maybe more than half... For portable, I plan to use an endfed dipole with 9:1 unun since it's easy to put up and covers all bands. But that's another story.

On Tuesday, June 9, 2020, 12:12:33 PM EDT, Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@...> wrote:

Hi,

I am voting with Dean. I have built some stuff before. I was looking for
a platform to get a good grasp of microcontrolers in radio gear and have
a new radio in the shack with general coverage receive and do SSB/CW on
the air. The uBitX ticked all the boxes. I have a V3 and it gets used:)
If you want a plug n play radio with all the bells n whistles and every
mode known to man you should buy a YaeComWood or EleCraft, etc (I have
a Kenwood, some Heath, and Johnson gear). The radio does what it
promises. Enjoy.

73,

Bill  KU8H

bark less - wag more