Re: Bitx case design issues #parts #v6 #ubitxv6

Bill Cromwell

Hi,

The real problem is the screws reach the bottom of the hole in the standoff they screw into before the head ever gets to the front panel.. No matter how much of the head you remove the screw will still be too long. When you saw a limb off from a tree be sure to sit on the trunk side of the cut instead of the outer side of your cut.

73,

Bill KU8H

bark less - wag more

On 6/8/20 8:14 PM, Bob Lunsford via groups.io wrote:
If the screen mounting screw headss are standing out from the surface too much, I'll run a countersink by hand and make it deeper. This should cure that problem.
On Monday, June 8, 2020, 2:50:15 PM EDT, rpremo <rpremo@...> wrote:
Here's three issues I am having with full kit case , screws....1. Part inventory needed screws dont screw all the way. 2. Screen doesnt mount securely its lloose which is a problem for touch display 3. Design of screen in relation to volume knob sets up for the screw to secure screen interfering with turning knob couple with short volume shaft makes a knob not likely possible to secure