Re: Bitx case design issues #parts #v6 #ubitxv6

Bob Lunsford <nocrud222@...>

In the videos of a couple of builders, they say to keep the washer on the shaft when inserting into the front panel. I don't know where they got that. Those washers are supposed to go under the securing nut on the front panel. Good point to remove the nut/washer from the shaft, though, because this would rob the volume control of a securing tread but most significantly, it would not allow the board to be pushed closer to the front panel and also rob the shaft of some space needed for the knob's setscrew. I do not believe HF Signals would intentionally miscalculate this.

I have made an image of the suggestions from Bill KU8H and saved it in the V6 folder for when I start building the radio. Thanks, Bill.

On Monday, June 8, 2020, 3:16:58 PM EDT, Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@...> wrote:

Hi rpremo (no name given),

You should have short screws and the rest long screws. The short screws
go in the front. If you don't have short screws make four of them short.
Or buy four of them short. Then the display will not flop around loose
on "too long" screws. The nuts on the front of the three stereo
connectors for mic, earphones, and key have to be removed so the board
can go all the way in and line up all the way around. They will not be
used. Throw them in your junk box. Then your volume knob will fit, too.
The touch screen will also fit better. I do not want the metal front
panel to touch the touch screen. It is suggested that pressure on it
(touch) will make it erratic and could even ruin it.

Been there - done that. I made four of the screws shorter. It's all much
nicer with the right hardware and the screws in the right holes.

73,

Bill  KU8H  (name and callsign go here)

bark less - wag more