Re: Bitx case design issues #parts #v6 #ubitxv6

Bill Cromwell

Hi rpremo (no name given),

You should have short screws and the rest long screws. The short screws go in the front. If you don't have short screws make four of them short. Or buy four of them short. Then the display will not flop around loose on "too long" screws. The nuts on the front of the three stereo connectors for mic, earphones, and key have to be removed so the board can go all the way in and line up all the way around. They will not be used. Throw them in your junk box. Then your volume knob will fit, too. The touch screen will also fit better. I do not want the metal front panel to touch the touch screen. It is suggested that pressure on it (touch) will make it erratic and could even ruin it.

Been there - done that. I made four of the screws shorter. It's all much nicer with the right hardware and the screws in the right holes.

73,

Bill KU8H (name and callsign go here)

bark less - wag more

On 6/8/20 2:44 PM, rpremo wrote:
Here's three issues I am having with full kit case , screws....1. Part inventory needed screws dont screw all the way. 2. Screen doesnt mount securely its lloose which is a problem for touch display 3. Design of screen in relation to volume knob sets up for the screw to secure screen interfering with turning knob couple with short volume shaft makes a knob not likely possible to secure