Re: ubitxv6 mic not working fine #ubitxv6

rpremo

Thanks for the tips I ordered a replacement cb microphone it looks like the microphone has 4 wires I'm thinking of cutting white wire to speaker.  The continuity showed present when I connected ring & shield and PTTImage

From: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io> on behalf of Jeff Debes <jeff.debes@...>
Sent: Monday, June 8, 2020 2:38:01 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io <BITX20@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [BITX20] ubitxv6 mic not working fine #ubitxv6

I had a similar issue/ problem with my V6 Baofeng mic.
Try this:
1) My Baofeng mic also failed in a similar way but also had garbled modulation. I heard on this DL about  the proCom power mic. It’s a CB Power Mic . I bought one and it works very well and distinctly improves modulation and quality-as reported by receiving station contacts.

Not sure if this is related but.....
2) I noticed that the V6 case mounting slightly holds the display board from seating fully. Make sure your display board is seated evenly and as fully as possible , otherwise the issue  can cause the display to fail to initiate on power on.

On Jun 8, 2020, at 4:17 AM, rpremo <rpremo@...> wrote:

I recently received the Bitx6 having issues with the Microphone when I plug it in the TX constantly repetitively engages and releases.  Reminds me of the sound of a Antenna tuner trying to set the relays.  I read that these microphones are not good I have another Baofeng microphone with the Kenwood connector I would refer not to alter it unless this seems like the only recourse here.

--
jeff.debes@...