Re: BitX 20 Build: Nylon washer or toroid #bitx20

n5ib_2

How many folks remember the old trick (not invented by me) for making an air-core toroidal inductor:

Wind your coil on a Lifesaver candy (I/m partial to the wintergreen mint). That's about the size of a T68 core. Wire gauge needs to be large enough to hold its shape. When wound, and **after** the leads have been trimmed and tinned, dunk the whole affair into boiling water. Candy dissolves, coil remains. It'll spring out a bit, but basically keeps its shape.

N5IB