Re: Pre driver and driver transistors

MadRadioModder

You may be taking this “equal across the bands” statement too literal.  If you go back to the actual post conversations, that was not necessarily the original goal.  It started out as the statement “why is the power so low on 10 meters”…

From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of ohwenzelph via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 10:33 AM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Pre driver and driver transistors

fwiw
Actually, I am not so concerned about the power out being equal across the bands. The concern is to have reasonably enough power out on the 10 meter end. And if 10 and 12 and 15 meters are open you don’t need very much power. At the 80/40 end I don’t mind if there is a lot more power, granted not QRP, but if summer thunderstorms are making a.a racket and you want to be heard, then it becomes a question of how do I cool those heat sinks. Why do they need to be equal? With increased power harmonics and spurs became more of a concern but my impression is that Farhan has fixed those. One can always try to  optimise efficiency but that is less of a concern if not running on batteries or portable. I am still trying to understand the concept of IMD and the square root of negative one...
jer aa1of

…_. _._