Re: What’s actually better?

MadRadioModder

You can always curve trace them if you are in doubt as to if they are real.  I keep my eyes open for “JAN”… and good old original “RCA” parts at the flea markets.  Extremely good quality…

From: BITX20@groups.io [mailto:BITX20@groups.io] On Behalf Of AndyH
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2020 5:11 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] What’s actually better?

I'd love to hear from anyone that can advise either where/how to acquire good quality 2N2222A, or 2N5109, of 2N3866 for a decent price.

Mouser has 2N2222A in stock, but the least expensive are now $4.49 in lots of 10.  2N5109 are no longer available.  2N3866 appear to be available but only for ordering in large lots.

I purchased some DCP68 that arrived today, but these are surface mount devices.  They're $0.325 each in lots of 10.  I haven't put them in a test circuit yet.

Andy
KG5RKP

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 01:29 PM, ajparent1/kb1gmx wrote:

Also anyone paying high prices for 2n2222A are nuts, seems the
supply of a lot of devices (leaded) are low (are we surprised?)
so everyone figure out to hose everyone else.

<snip>

Other known candidates include 2n3866, 2n5109 and likely others may be
listed in the Wiki.

Allison

…_. _._