Re: What’s actually better?

ajparent1/kb1gmx <kb1gmx@...>

ozwelph

Really?  did you read the datasheet? also what current is the peak you expect?

The problem with 2n3904 is at 30Mhz getting more than 10DB gain is not
something reliable.  However the design of the stage counts on 16DB
which is possible to about 10-12mhz.  that way even at 20M the power
is down from 80m

So if you want 16db of gain to hit 10M at full outout you need a
better part.

If the amp was deigned with one more stage and the gain held to 10db
it (2n3904) would be a good choice.   How do I know, I did it and tested.

Allison
No direct email, it goes to bit bucket due address harvesting in groups.IO