Re: Pre driver and driver transistors

Gordon Gibby

As I recall, discussions a year or two ago, it was a good idea but you also need to change the biased point to reach maximum gain at the frequencies of interest. That requires a bit of an understanding of common amateur amplifier biased, but Alyson had given lots of information on how to do it, you might search for her very very detailed posts from back. As I recall, discussions a year or two ago, it was a good idea but you also needed to change the biased point to reach maximum gain at the frequencies of interest. That requires a bit of an understanding of common amateur amplifier bias, but Alyson had given lots of information on how to do it, you might search for her very very detailed posts from back then

On May 30, 2020, at 12:19, ohwenzelph via groups.io <Ohwenzelph@...> wrote:

´╗┐Is replacing those 2N3904s with 2n2222As a bad idea?