Re: Turn of BFO mod

Arv Evans

Jeff

Thanks for the feedback and update.   Congratulations on getting the BFO tamed.

Arv

On Fri, May 29, 2020, 10:15 PM Jeff Debes <jeff.debes@...> wrote:
Arv, others who kept after me to tune the BFO to the correct passband spot. I did it, It worked!
Thanks for the help and explanations.

Jeff

On May 29, 2020, at 9:27 PM, Arv Evans <arvid.evans@...> wrote:

Jeff

Probably would spoil the simple elegance of the design.

A simple receiver for AM from KHz through 30 MHz is
fairly easy to do but probably not with the uBITX layout.
Think wider, or variable, IF filter bandwidth, and having
built in noise blanker, AGC/AVC More audio gain, and
manually adjustable input RF tuning.  Maybe even a
roofing filter to help shape the IF.  Higher power audio
output would also be nice.  For higher frequency coverage
a series of down-converters could be added ahead of
the RF input.  Same thing for VLF and below if the user
was interested in that.

But that is not what the BITX20 discussion group is for.

There are on-line groups that specialize in this.

Arv
_._

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 3:26 PM Jeff Debes <jeff.debes@...> wrote:
Just saying.
General coverage of shortwave.
And for Ham band use such as on 75 meters:
It would be nice to have a real AM capability on both receive and transmit.
HF Sigs future project?
Hope so, but maybe it would spoil the brew.
Jeff

On May 28, 2020, at 1:51 PM, Jeff Debes via groups.io <jeff.debes=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thank you Reed , you’re always very helpful!

On May 28, 2020, at 12:14 PM, Reed N <greenkid336600+groupsio@...> wrote:

You should be able to listen to AM even with the BFO. However, if you want to get rid of it completely for some reason, you'll need to jumper C211 to C40 to remove the BFO crystal filter stage, then modify the code to get the correct mixing products on the audio side. I don't think I'd recommend this.

Reed

--
jeff.debes@...

--