Re: Turn of BFO mod

Jeff Debes

Just saying.
General coverage of shortwave.
And for Ham band use such as on 75 meters:
It would be nice to have a real AM capability on both receive and transmit.
HF Sigs future project?
Hope so, but maybe it would spoil the brew.
Jeff

On May 28, 2020, at 1:51 PM, Jeff Debes via groups.io <jeff.debes@...> wrote:

Thank you Reed , you’re always very helpful!

On May 28, 2020, at 12:14 PM, Reed N <greenkid336600+groupsio@...> wrote:

You should be able to listen to AM even with the BFO. However, if you want to get rid of it completely for some reason, you'll need to jumper C211 to C40 to remove the BFO crystal filter stage, then modify the code to get the correct mixing products on the audio side. I don't think I'd recommend this.

Reed

--
jeff.debes@...

--