Re: Reed's sketches #nano #arduino #ubitxv6

Aaron K5ATG

Thank you Jack,

I was looking at all of the files and was thinking, which one do I need or want.

I’m completely guessing here, do I add the sketches that Reed has to the existing default sketch in my Arduino Nano one at a time to see if I like the change in the performance?

Aaron K5ATG

K5ATG Blog

QRPARCI # 16443

GQRP # 16389

4SQRP # 1080

Sent: Friday, May 29, 2020 12:59 PM
To: BITX20@groups.io
Subject: Re: [BITX20] Reed's sketches #arduino #nano #ubitxv6

The main entry point for any Arduino project is the file that contains setup() and loop(). The file that holds those two functions must have the secondary file name *.ino. For Reed's code, the file is ubitxv6.ino. The purpose of the setup() function is to establish the environment in which the code is to run. The purpose of loop() is to provide a continuously-running body of code and is the work horse for the program. I would start with setup() and then proceed to loop(), looking at the function calls in each. If you need help understanding the C code, I can give you a (very biased) book recommendation.

Jack, W8TEE

On Friday, May 29, 2020, 1:27:16 PM EDT, Aaron K5ATG via groups.io <k5atg@...> wrote:

I'm still learning Arduino and such and I was told to check out Reed's sketches for the display for the v6 uBITX. I went to the GitHub site uBITX v6 Arduino Sketch
There is a huge list of files there. I'm not exactly sure where to start or what to do. 
Any help would be appreciated. 

--
Jack, W8TEE

Join BITX20@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.