Re: Will this mic work?

Vince Vielhaber

TenTec puts 9vdc on pin 4 of the mic connector. Not having a schematic of the mic, you may need to put a DC blocking cap on pin 1 since the ubitx puts voltage there for a condenser mic. You'll need to supply your own 9vdc to pin 4 to run the mic. Looking at your first post again, I see that mic will take 7-14. Put a 560 ohm 1/4 watt resistor from your 12v supply to the 706's pin 4. That should power the mic.

Will it be too much audio? Don't know until you try it, but if it is you can add a pot to adjust it. I did that on a bitx40.

Vince - K8ZW.

On 05/29/2020 07:28 AM, @KF4ZGZ wrote:
After I posted this I was looking back and figure out that I probably
would not have enough to run the mic.